Posted on: 27/03/2020
Letter to Parents - update on 27 March 2020Dear Parents,
As we near completion of our first week, I want to say a big thank you for all your help and support.
We are all coming to terms with this new way of working and none of us expected this level of intensity and interaction which is taking place. What a learning curve for us all!
As Head, I asked to see all the work being sent out, as well as all the emails back and forth from the children and teachers. It has been humbling to read the kind messages of support between the children themselves and the lovely messages and responses shared with their teachers. The unity of spirit and values of our school have truly been on show.
As the week has gone on, routines have been embedded both with yourselves and with teachers. It seems, from my view at least, it is becoming smoother!
As you will have all encountered there have been a few glitches that have arisen:-
- the use of 1 x PC being shared with sibling
- parents juggling their own work commitments as well as assisting with the teaching of their children
- a few concerns with downloading when teachers have used Word instead of Google Docs
- issues around appropriate communication between children on-line
- teachers trying to mark work when it is submitted sporadically
- finally, with some of the older children not being supervised appropriately and work being submitted which is of a poor standard.
Everything will be fine as we all get used to this ‘new normal’. Please continue to support your children, in whatever way works within your household. They need your support at this very unsettling time to ensure their levels of learning remain high.
After the Easter break and once everything settles down, teachers will be able to facilitate a more flexible schedule but for the time being, we will continue as planned.
Finally, it goes without saying I am missing the melee of school life and like you all, I am praying we can go back to the ‘normal’ sometime soon. If you have any concerns at all, please share with your class teachers and they will pass them on to me if necessary.