Spring Term COVID Update January 2022
Happy New Year to you all!
I hope you are all keeping safe and well despite the very difficult situation we are all facing again. As we begin this term, it looks like it’s going to be a tricky start with a high number of staff isolating. Please bear with us as we do our best to continue face to face teaching.
As we wait for any further guidance that emerges from Government, I’ve highlighted some of the key points from DFE guidelines that were announced on January 2nd 2022.
Key points from January 2nd 2022
- DFE priority is to keep education settings open and children and young people continuing with face-to-face education. Home Learning will be activated as a last resort if high rates of COVID-19 cause extreme difficulties with the availability of staff
- Pupils do not need to be taught in ‘Bubbles’ at this time.
- Face covering by pupils are to be worn in Secondary settings only .
- Children under 5 are not being advised to take part in daily testing of close contacts. They do not require to self isolate.
- Funded air cleaning units will be available to schools. (Our Lady of Grace have these).
- 10 day self- isolation period for people who record a positive PCR test for COVID -19 has been reduced to 7 days in most circumstances.
- On day 6 and day 7 of isolation, individuals may now take Lateral Flow tests. Those who receive two negative tests no longer need to self-isolate.
- People who are fully vaccinated, or children and young people aged 5- 18 years and 6 months, identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, should take a Lateral Flow test every day for 7 days and continue to attend school as normal, unless they have a positive test result or develop symptoms at anytime.
Until Covid figures in London stabilize, we as a school are looking to stagger the start of the day to stop congestion at the front gate from Monday 10th January. This will be a temporary measure and will be evaluated on a week-by-week basis.
8.45am EYFS / KS1
Finishing times will remain the same.
For the school to remain open and fully staffed, we ask all parents to respectfully adhere to these guidelines.
- Please wear Face Masks when you enter the playground and please do not loiter when picking up children.
- Communication with staff will be by email only
- Please do not come into the school office unless it is essential to do so. Most queries can be dealt with by telephone (020 8858 2262)
- If your child feels unwell, please take a test as a precaution.