Homework Topic – Year 6: St Patrick
Welcome to Year Six!
I’m sure it feels like your children were only starting reception five minutes ago and here they are beginning their final year at Our Lady of Grace!
Year six is a challenging year; the children will be wonderful role models for the younger children whilst also becoming secondary ready. As a school, we believe that children have more chance of reaching their full potential when we work alongside parents. We want your children to achieve not only academically, but also spiritually, socially and emotionally.
I have included the following information to give you an idea of our expectations from you:
· Ensure your child gets a good night’s sleep.
· Read at home with your child every night if possible and sign their reading record.
· Sign your child’s homework to show you are happy with the homework they have completed (homework given out on a Friday and must be returned the following Monday).
· Ensure your child has a labelled PE kit in school at all times (navy/black shorts and white T-shirt. In winter, children wear tracksuit trousers – navy or black. Black plimsolls or dark, plain trainers may be worn.
· If your child has a mobile phone, it must be handed in during the day and not to be used in the playground before or after school.
· No jewellery is to be worn in school.
· Good attendance and punctuality.
· Continue to spend valuable time with your child talking, learning and having fun!
If you have any concerns, I am available at the beginning and end of the each day or you can make an appointment through the office to see me. I hope your child has a truly wonderful year, learning lots and having fun, and that I can be part of some lovely, lasting memories of their time at Our Lady of Grace!
Thank you for your warm welcome and your support.