Homework Topic – Year 6: St Patrick
I hope that you had an enjoyable time over Christmas and New Year; thank you very much for your generous gifts. The children have come back rested and eager to do well in this Spring Term.
This is a really important term for Year Six as we will be focusing on revision and preparation for our SATs in May. With the new curriculum in place putting increased demands on students, children are now assessed with more of a focus on arithmetic and grammar. There will be a meeting for parents on Tuesday 20th February at 3.45pm which will explain more about the SATs. We will be running SATs Booster sessions nearer the time and your child will receive a letter about this.
I know how supportive you always are and this is a great benefit to your child and his/her progression through Year Six. Please continue to encourage your child to do their best every day.
Alongside our revision we will be still covering our regular curriculum which includes:
- Power of Reading Book: Skellig
- Maths: Decimals, Percentages and Algebra
- RE: Jesus, the Bread of Life
- Science: Light
- Geography: Sustainability
- PE: Gymnastics
The children are also looking forward to their residential trip to Arethusa between 7th – 9th March.
There will be a meeting about the trip on 1st February at 3.45pm.
To help your child at home:
- ??Practise times tables and encourage your child to use mathematical language where possible
- Read and talk with your child as much as you can
- Make sure your child gets plenty of rest and eats breakfast
- Visit the library with your child
- Ensure your child has a full P.E kit, including tracksuit, in school every day
I look forward to your continuing support and to a very successful term.