St Martin de Porres and St Francis of Assisi
It is fantastic to have the children back in school, they have settled well and we are really proud of how they have dealt with the transition back into the classroom.
We would like to say a big thank you for your continued support and the efforts the children showed us with their online learning. We were amazed by the high standard of writing the children demonstrated and it has been great to continue our learning on our class text back in the classroom.
In Maths, we are continuing with our topic of fractions which will lead into decimals starting next week. It is clear that those children who engaged with the online learning have a great foundation which is allowing us to build on the knowledge they have gained.
On Wednesday 31st March, there will be Parent Zoom Meetings to discuss the children's progress. The office will be in touch shortly with more details.
With only a few weeks until the end of term, we wanted to remind you of the expectations now the children are back in school:
- Please try to read as often as possible with your child. 3-4 times weekly is ideal, some children read daily and we can really see a big difference when this is the case. Little and often is great and will help your child to progress!
- Homework and spellings will be handed out on a Friday. Homework should be handed in by Wednesday at the latest. We will test the children on their spellings on the following Friday.
- PE is on a Thursday. Please send your child into school in a weather-appropriate school PE kit.
- Can all children please bring in a water bottle.
- Going forward, all emails to staff must go through the school office, who can be reached at email@example.com.
Thank you again for your support. We are really excited to have the children back and look forward to the remainder of this term and the summer term to follow.
Miss Grogan Mrs Hall
St Francis of Assisi Class Teacher St Martin de Porres Class Teacher