Welcome back to Spring Term 2! Children have returned to school with a positive attitude and I have been very impressed with their behaviour for learning. They should be proud of their efforts!
This term I will continue to focus my attention on your child’s: attendance at school; correct uniform; developing peer relationships; homework and assessment tasks; class contribution; and daily work completed.
There will be Parent Zoom Meetings to discuss the children's progress. These will take place on the 31st of March 2021 and the office will be in touch shortly with more details.
With only a few weeks until the end of term I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of our expectations:
- Parents should aim to have their children in school for 8:20am so the children can make the best start to their school day. Please ensure they are promptly picked up at 2:20pm via the school carpark.
- The children are expected to read aloud to an adult at home at least 3 times weekly. Please sign their reading log to show us that this is happening. Please try to discuss these books with your child and ask them a variety of questions.
- Please encourage their mental maths skills at home by using the ‘hit the button’ website or downloadable app. The children must try to log in to Times Tables Rockstars (TTR) at least once a week as part of their weekly Mathematics homework.
- Homework will be handed out on a Friday and due back to school the following Tuesday. Weekly spelling tests will be every Friday in class.
- PE kits are now to be worn to school on Thursdays. The PE kit consists of trainers, blue shorts, white T-shirt and socks. In the colder months, dark blue tracksuit bottoms and a jumper will be permitted. Please note that girls should not wear tights underneath their shorts. Please send your children in with water bottles each day.
Going forward all emails to staff must go through the school office who can be reached at email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support.
Year 5 Classroom Teacher